Gluing and Clamping Barre VT
Gluing and Clamping
Maneuvering pipe clamps around my shop was a pain until I dreamed upthis mobile carryall. It even has room for all of my C-clamps, handscrews and small adjustable clamps. I got everything I needed to makeit from a home center for about $60.
1. Glue two pieces of 3/4-in. plywood to make the base.
2. Attach the corner blocks and mount the clamp shelves.
3. Lag-screw a 5-gal. bucket to the base.
4. Install heavy-duty swivel casters.
5. Bandsaw two 11-1/4-in.-dia. plywood disks. You may have to adjust the disks' diameters to fit your bucket.
The disks should seat about 1 in. below the top rim.
6. Fasten the disks together; then lay out and drill 2-in.-dia. holes for the clamp tubes.
7. Bandsaw one disk to a 10-3/8-in. diameter so it will seat about 2 in. above the bottom of the bucket.
8. Make the clamp tubes by cutting PVC pipe to length.
9. Install the disks with polyurethane construction adhesive. Make sure the clamp-tube holes are aligned.
10. Install the clamp tubes.